Thursday, November 19, 2009

I want to host a 5K road race in my community (rural NH) to benifit skin cancer research. Where do i start?

i know i need permits, sponsors, get the course certified etc. i've run circles online trying to find a good jumping off point - what should be my first step?

I want to host a 5K road race in my community (rural NH) to benifit skin cancer research. Where do i start?
I'd throw the idea at others to see if this is actually something your community would participate in. If so, then talk to some local businesses, radio, tv to possible get some sponsors and media coverage on the race. I would also take a trip to city hall and speak with someone there about any permits that might be required as well as getting sections of the town reserved for the race grounds.





Overall, it sounds like a great/fun idea and I hope it works out for you.
Reply:Contact the area racing club, as they hopefully will get you in the right direction with planning %26amp; provide assistance. And they probably have a handle on the schedule for the year %26amp; could provide you with a gauge on better racing days. You don't want to plan and plan %26amp; then have a pair of events so close that you draw few participants.


No comments:

Post a Comment